Version 6 Release Schedule
- by Dave Gandy
This drink… I like it. Another!
Font Awesome 6 Pro pre-orders are ready! Until August 1, you can get a sweet deal on the next version of the web’s favorite icon set and toolkit.
Version 6 will include a ton of great things, so . Better yet, hit play on our video and let us explain it all.
So when are all these lovely new icons, styles, improvements, and ways to use getting brewed up? Hoo boy, what a great question. I see you’re properly caffeinated (or is that just me?).
Well, we’re handing out filthy-chai-like candy to all our designers and developers to get things out as soon as possible, but we got to admit we’ve got a heap of work in 6! So we’re breaking things up into three phases: pre-release, official v6.0 release, and post-release. Here’s the order that the V6 features are set to hit the bar top (though there’s a chance an overly-caffeinated twitch might tweak the schedule here and there):
Pre v6.0 Releases (Summer and Fall 2020)
- Beta of Desktop Subsetter (Pro-only, In Beta!)
- Beta of Official WordPress Plugin (Free + Pro, In Beta!)
- Beta of Kit Icon Upload (Pro-only, Summer 2020)
- Alpha of Thin Icon Style as SVGs (Pro-only, Summer 2020)
- Web Alpha and Beta Releases (Pro-only, Fall 2020)
Use early versions of icons on the web (with Webfont and SVG methods) delivered via Font Awesome Kits, npm packages, or download.
- Desktop Alpha and Beta Releases (Pro-only, Fall 2020)
Use early versions of icons on the desktop via downloading and installing desktop-specific .otf font files.
- Flying Spaghetti Monster icon (Free + Pro, Available Now!)
Official v6.0 Release (Winter 2020)
- New + Revamped Icons (Free + Pro)
- Thin Icon Style (Pro-only)
- No Hassle Upgrades from Version 5 AND Version 4 (Free + Pro)
- Performance Optimizations (Free + Pro)
- CSS Custom Properties (Free + Pro)
- Web Release of v6.0 (Free + Pro)
Use icons on the web (with Webfont and SVG methods) delivered via Font Awesome Kits, npm packages, or download.
- Desktop Release of v6.0 (Free + Pro.)
Use icons on the desktop via downloading and installing desktop-specific .otf font files.
Post v6.0 Releases (Spring 2021)
- Sharp Family in 5 Styles (Pro-only)
A new family of styles in Solid, Regular, Light, Thin, and Duotone
- Official Django Package (Free & Pro)
- Official Rails Package (Free & Pro)
- Official WordPress Plugin (Free & Pro)
- Improved Icon Search + Discovery (Free & Pro)
- Improved Docs + Guides (Free & Pro)
Still confused about shipping details and dates? Maybe can clear it up. If not, and we’ll help fa-sort things out.
That’s the Awesome we’re working on and packing into Version 6. And if you pre-order Font Awesome Pro before August 1, you’ll get $20 off your next year. Good for new folks AND existing subscribers! (And don’t forget that when you subscribe, you’ll immediately get access to all of version 5 Pro icons, services, and our awesome Human Technical Support.)