2022 Year in Review
The best way to spread icon cheer is by singing loud for all to hear!
If we could send you a singing telegram to show our appreciation, we would. But that miiiight be a little weird. Maybe a blog will do?
Anyhoo, we’re so thankful that you chose Font Awesome. We hope this season finds you well and thought it would be fun to share a snapshot year in review for 2022 (hey, that rhymes!) and a sneak peek of what to look forward to in 2023.
We Launched Font Awesome 6!
The year started with a bang when Font Awesome 6 was officially released in early 2022. We crammed this most awesome version full of almost twice as many icons, new categories, and our all new Thin icon style.
Blast Your Boredom and Play Space Awesome!
We celebrated the 45th anniversary of a certain space western saga this year by launching a new retro-style text-based adventure called Space Awesome. Designed with all your favorite space-themed Font Awesome icons, naturally.
Class Up Your Project With Font Awesome Sharp Icons
Dress up your project with Sharp like the other styles you’re already used to. We’ve released Sharp already in Solid, with Regular, Light, Thin, and Duotone in tow early next year! Whether you use web fonts, our svgs, or Kits, Sharp icons just work — and fit like a glove.
Shoelace Joins Font Awesome
We love Cory LaViska’s open source-web component library, Shoelace. Shoelace might just be the biggest, best web component library out there (open source or not), and we’re thrilled Shoelace joined forces with Font Awesome. Stay tuned for 2023!
Wield Near Infinite Icon Magic With the Icon Wizard
Magically add a modifying element like circle-plus, slash, or even poop, to nearly any Font Awesome icon. (Available with the deep magic of a Pro subscription.)
And that’s not all! 2022 also included some much need additions to Font Awesome, such as:
- A New Website Design. It was high time for a site refresh, so our design squad broke out the construction gloves and got to work. We think you’ll be very font of the new design, which features intuitive UI, updated copy, and new, rill perdy fa-graphics.
- Humanitarian Icons. Last year, we collaborated with the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Human Affairs (OCHA) to adapt their existing humanitarian icons for use with Font Awesome, which are free to all Font Awesome users.
- Pro Max Plan. Suppose you’re bumping up against your plan limits. In that case, the Pro Max plan is great for development and design teams in larger organizations with lots of projects or apps.
And here’s a sneak peek at some of the Awesome coming in 2023:
- More Sharp! We’ll be releasing the remaining Sharp styles including Regular, Light, Thin, and Duotone.
- Kit Download — Download your FA Kits, including custom icons!
- Podcast Awesome — Short-form conversations about icons, design, tech, business, and nerdery!
- And More! We have some secret projects percolating, and will share more soon!
Happy New Year, and we hope you get time with your loved ones to make gingerbread houses, eat cookie dough, go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands!